Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Course
Transformational Authentic Yoga Retreat/Teacher Training Course
About the Course
High Quality Yoga Retreat
Become creative in your mind and body with a different form of movement. Getting you active and creative at the same time, the aim of this retreat is to give you a holistic approach to yoga. The knowledge of the Asana and the alignment of the body together with ancient yogic breathing techniques and meditation will help you to be centered in the present with body and mind and therefore will have a regenerative effect on your life. Enjoy a good swim in the crystal clear water of Samothrace, hike to the waterfalls, enjoy the hot springs in Therma or explore the wild island.
• 19 nights accommodation
• Daily pranayama sessions (breathing techniques to clean the Nadis / vital force)
• Yoga classes in the morning and Evening
• Food* (depending on the package you choose)
• Transfer from and to the Samothraki port
*The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for: Vegetarian – If you have special dietary requirements it’s a good idea to communicate it to the organiser when making a reservation.
What's not included
• Transport within the island
• Massage therapy
• Guided trekking or Taxi for site seeing
• Bike rental or bicycle
• Food (please contact Kyriakos in the retreat if you wish to add food to your package)
• Scuba diving (only for people who have the license for scuba diving)
• Mountain climbing
• Thai massage – 1 hour (available at an additional charge)
• Private hot spring pool in the center of Therma Square (the pool will be open only from 6 p.m to 9 p.m, cost is 5 EURO). Please read the instruction in the board for the minutes you should be staying inside the pool.
This retreat will be held in
Therma, Samothrace island, Greece.
How to get there
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive to:
• Athens International Airport Eleftherios Venizelos (ATH) – 810 km from port
• Thessaloniki International Airport “Macedonia” (SKG) – 305 km from port.
• Alexandroupolis International Airport (AXD) – 8 km from closest port.
The transfer is not included.
Arrival by ferry
Alexandroupoli is the closest mainland city with airport. The best way to get to Samothrace island is via Alexandroupoli, which has a port and has 3 boats to Samothrace every day until October. You can buy your ticket at the shop located at the port or can book them online in advance through Saos website.
Things to do
• In your free time, you can explore the nearby village of Therma (5 minutes walk) and its famous hot springs or walk to the countless waterfalls around Therma. The seaside and pebble beaches are just 10 minutes walk from the house. There is rental car option at Kamariotissa (opposite of the ferry boat in the harbor of Samothrace).
• You can rent a car, motorbike or bicycle, as long as you have a valid driving license. Visit Chora, the capital village of Samothraki. It is full of shops, there is an old Castle and Taverns with classical old Greek Live Music. It’s a magnificent and picturesque place and we can also organize to have a yoga lesson there if you would like to visit it.
• We can organize for you trekking to the island with a tourist guide (at extra charge)
• At your request, we can book for you one or more massage therapies (with extra charge) directly at the retreat house.
• Take a hike on the slope of the mountain Saos (a mountain guide is recommended). Reach the top (feggari) at 1611m and feel like God Poseidon when he was watching the Trojan War from there. If you are a true hiker you should know that feggari is the end point of the European trail E6 that starts from Spain.
• If you are more adventurous or a photography person, you can go for hiking to waterfalls of Fonias, Paradisos, Gria vathra and also visit the temple of the greats gods (it’s an ancient temple where even today there is a celebration on the full moon , It’s a day full of music around the island and also many rituals are performed on this specific day).
Other optional activities (Surcharge)
• Scuba diving (extra charge) only for licensed individuals.
• Thai massage (extra cost) per hour. You will receive the message from the organizer if you request for Thai massage and it would be organized in your stay as well.
• We can help to organize excursions to visit Pahia ammos white sand beach, Kipos beach, Vatos beach, museum and ancient temple.
• You can explore the closest to retreat beach by 10 minute walk.
• Visit street handcraft sellers.
• Local organic wine tasting can also be arranged on demand from guests.
• Visit Fonias (Biggest waterfall of the island)
• Visit Paradisos waterfalls.
• Visit Gria Vathra waterfalls.