Yoga Retreats in Samothraki Greece
Disconnect yourself to connect with nature !
Become creative in your mind and body with a different form of movement. Getting you active and creative at the same time, the aim of this retreat is to give you a holistic approach to yoga. The knowledge of the Asana and the alignment of the body together with ancient yogic breathing techniques and meditation will help you to be centered in the present with body and mind and therefore will have a regenerative effect on your life. Enjoy a good swim in the crystal clear water of Samothrace, hike to the waterfalls, enjoy the hot springs in Therma or explore the wild island.
Relax and unwind at our Yoga Retreats. …
Renew your joyous yogic spirit by enrolling in one of our retreats based in Greece. Reclaim the precious connection to your inner self through the perfect pairing of soothing sea waters and the blissful practices of yoga.
Nourish your soul, one breath at a time, with this magical yoga adventure. Re-center and rejuvenate at our week-long Yoga retreats at the magnificent Samothraki island. There’s almost no better way to do that than with a few days at a yoga retreat.
Come rejuvenate your soul with us! There are a pathway into relaxation and learning Yoga in the midst of nature. Rated as the topmost choice for Yoga retreats in Greece, we seek to provide you with some of the best experiences with nature,yoga and total relaxation with mindful meditation.
- A well-balanced variety of intelligent vinyasa flows, restorative sessions, meditations, pranayama, and more.
- If you wish to add accommodation to the package then please head to inquiry and message us to reserve a spot with room or without
- 2 Yoga sessions Every day for 3 hours
- Morning 90 minutes and evening 90 minutes
- Full Moon Yoga Retreat during Autumn, Spring and Winter (Indoor yoga and Outdoor activities)
- During summer outdoor yoga retreat for all level people (Alchemy of Yoga)
- A renewed connection with nature.
- Morning classes, with moments to discuss and break down poses & evening class will be a flow or restorative
- You will learn in-depth the essential philosophy and history of yoga in general
- We have organic food prepared only for our students during Spring,autumn,winter which is vegetarian food suitable to eat while practicing yoga. During summer we donot have food in our retreat so students can explore the taverns near by and enjoy the local Greek tavern and Explore the greek culture
Location : Samothraki, Sanctuary of The Great Gods, Greece.
Off the coast of Alexandroupoli lies Samothraki, an unspoiled and majestic Greek island. This island is reserved for true nature lovers, hiking aficionados and adrenaline seekers. Many of the Greek islands have beautiful mountainous valleys. Lush green vegetation, rivers, waterfalls and natural thermal pools adorn the rough and rugged mountains on Samothraki. The unique landscape offers adventure-seeking and nature enthusiasts plenty of exploring to do. Exploring the beautiful waterfalls is the epicenter of this adventure. Streams and rivers descending from the summit form waterfalls and natural pools – or “vathres” – where people can enjoy the therapeutic benefits of the mountain waters. Learning Yoga amidst the beautiful island will not just boost your happiness but rejuvenate your soul.
Things to do (optional)
In your free time, you can explore the nearby village of Therma (15 minutes walk) and its famous hot springs or walk to the countless waterfalls around Therma. The seaside and pebble beaches are just 10 minutes walk from the house. There is a rental car at Kamariotissa (the ferry boat harbor of Samothraki).
You can rent a car, motorbike or bicycle, provided you have a valid driving license. Visit Chora, the capital village of Samothraki. It is full of shops, old Castle and Tavern with classical old Greek Live Music. It’s a magnificent and picturesque place and we can also organize to have a yoga lesson there if you would like to visit it. They can organize for you a visit to the island with a tourist guide (at extra charge) Hike Fengari mountain (a mountain guide is recommended).
At your request, they can book for you one or more massage therapies (the cost is 30 EUR per hour) directly at the Hotel.
You can also take a dive at the nearest waterfall, take a relaxing thermal bath, take a swim or relax on the beach bar. Take a hike on the slope of the mountain Saos. Reach the top (feggari) at 1611m and feel like God Poseidon when he was watching the Trojan War from there. If you are a true hiker you should know that feggari is the end point of the European trail E6 that starts from Spain.
- If you are more Adventure or photography person -You can go for hiking to waterfalls of Fonias, Paradisus, Gria and also Visit the Temple of the greats Gods(its an ancient temple where even today on the full moon celebration, It’s a day with full of music and climbing and many rituals performed on this specific day in Samothraki).
Other optional activities(Surcharge)
- Scuba diving (extra charge) only for professionals who have tried the diving before.
- Thai massage (extra cost) 30 EUR per hour. You will receive the message from the organizer if you request for Thai massage and it would be organized in your stay as well.
- We can help to organize excursions around the island or to Chora.
- Close to retreat you can explore the beach
- Visit street shopping wine tasting can also be arranged on demand from guests
- Live music
- People can visit the different beach
- Visit Fonias
- Visit Paradisus
- Visit Griya Vatra
- Visit local tavern and the live music
- Classical Hatha vinyasa yoga for 90 minutes
- Ashtanga vinyasa yoga for 90 minute with slow pace practice
- Restorative Iyengar Yoga with body movement, breath awareness and Alignment based practice outdoor/indoor
- Daily meditation Classes with breathing technique
- Free time to relax on the beach and swim in the waterfalls or explore the island
- Pranayama (Breathing technique) to relax your mind and body-Pranic Healing
- 2 meals every day (vegetarian-friendly Greek food with fresh vegetables and organic food, depending on the package you choose)
- 6 days accommodation depending on the season (Season head to the venu to see the options ) Note that you can opt your own accomodation and pay also for daily yoga classes without having to buy the retreat page if you come for shorter period or if you would like to have private session head to the daily classes page to see the offers.
- Yin yoga
Full Moon Yoga Retreat Schedule during (Autumn,Spring & Winter)
Depending on the weather condition the time table may vary during Spring and winter.
6 days/ 12 hour of Yoga Intensive & Extensive practice.
- Day 1 – Arrival and resting
Note: breakfast is from the hotel if you want to add lunch or dinner please contact us through inquiry.
Day 2 – 2 hour
- 07.00 am – 08:00 am Pranayama (breath work), Vinyasa yoga based on Surya namaskar which is sun salutation for begginers to first understand the Root of yoga.
- 19.30 to 20.30 Moon salutation yoga
Day 3- 2 hour
- 07:00 – 08:00 Ashtanga practice Surya namaskar a , Surya namaskar b & Meditation or savasana.
- 19.30 to 20.30 Moon salutation yoga,Candlelight meditation (Trataka Meditation)
Day 4 – 2 hour
- 07:00 am – 08:00 am Morning Ashtanga practice.
- 15:00 – 16:00 Hike with proffessional guide. (Extra cost – 50 euro)
- Sightseeing in Chora.
Day 5 – 2 hour
- 07:00 – 08:00 Ashtanga practice Part C & D with Yoga Nidra (Shivananda)
- 19.30-20.30 : Moon salutation
Day 6 – 2 hours
- 07:00 – 08:00 Ashtanga practice Part C & D with Yoga Nidra (Shivananda)
- 19.30-20.30 : Moon salutation
Day 7 – 2 hour
- 07:00 – 09:00 Ashtanga Vinyasa practice with Meditation
- Departure to the portMore about the instructors here
Excursions to The Sanctuary of god and Fonias water fall.
- Hot spring
- Mountain walking
- Environmentally friendly
- Fireplace in one of the accommodation and summer accommodation there is no fire place in the stay.
- Help Desk.
- Yoga sessions.
- Sauna (Traditional Hamam).
- Medical assistance.
- Pick and drop to the port and hotel.
- Drop to the super market if one wants to shop to cook for themself.
- Villa houses available to book if one wants to book entire place for 4 people or 5.
Ritu’s husband, Kyriakos helps Ritu organize the retreat as well as curates the food and the entrees. You can expect delicious Greek and Indian food. Since the island does not have many vegetarian restaurants, Kyriakos serve amazing fusion organic indo-greek, making the yogic diet fun but healthy at the same time. The dishes with be a blend of traditional Greek and Sattvik Indian food, primarily consisting of vegetables, rice, salads, bread, yogurt, local feta cheese, and fresh seasonal fruits.
The meals included are as follows:
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner,
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
If you have special dietary requirements it’s a good idea to communicate it to the organizer when making a reservation.
What’s included in the price?
- 6 days of Yoga session 120 minutes duration per yoga session Morning and Evening.
- Breakfast. (For lunch and (Dinner contact at the reception with the chef).
- Pick up on arrival & drop on departure day.
What’s not included in the price?
- To add extra meals – to include dinner and lunch send us message during your inquiry.
- Transport within the island.
- Massage therapy.
- Guided trekking or Taxi for site seeing.
- Bike rental or bicycle.
- Food (please contact us if you want to add food/accomodation to your package).
- Scuba diving (only for people who have the license for scuba diving).
- Mountain climbing.
- Thai massage – 1 hour (available at an additional charge).
- Private hot spring pool in the center of Therma Square – the pool will be open from 8.00 am to 11.00 am and 6 p.m. to 9 p.m, costs 5 EUR). Please read the instruction in the board for the minutes you should be staying inside the pool)
How to get to the Retreat
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at to Athens International Airport Eleftherios Venizelos (ATH), or Thessaloniki International Airport “Macedonia” (SKG). The transfer is not included.
If you arrive at the Athens airport, please check for “Saos Ferry” online for ferry tickets to get to Samothraki island, or you can fly to Thessaloniki Macedonia International Airport, 50 kilometers from Thessaloniki. From there you will need to transfer to the domestic airport and arrive in Alexandroupoli Airport. Take a transfer to the port of Alexandroupoli to book the ferry tickets to Samothraki island. There are 3 boats from Alexandroupoli to Samothraki every day until October. But also you can book them in advance in Saos ferry online.
Arrival by bus
You can travel by bus either to Thessaloniki and take another bus to Alexandroupoli’s port to get the ferry for reaching the island. Thessaloniki to Alexandroupoli is 6 hours and Athens 12 hours in the bus.
Arrival by ferry
Note that the island doesn’t have an airport nor any roads to get there, so the best way to get Samothraki island is to arrive Alexandroupoli, Go to Port of alexandroupoli or book your reservation before hand in zanteferry
- A reservation requires a deposit of 16% of the total price.
- The deposit is fully refundable if the booking is cancelled up to 15 days before the arrival date.
- The rest of the payment should be paid 30 days before arrival or upon arrival or departure.
6 days of Yoga Retreat6 class of yoga 120 minutes everyday)