Yoga Retreats in Samothraki Greece
Disconnect yourself to connect with nature !
Become creative in your mind and body with a different form of movement. Getting you active and creative at the same time, the aim of this retreat is to give you a holistic approach to yoga. The knowledge of the Asana and the alignment of the body together with ancient yogic breathing techniques and meditation will help you to be centered in the present with body and mind and therefore will have a regenerative effect on your life. Enjoy a good swim in the crystal clear water of Samothrace, hike to the waterfalls, enjoy the hot springs in Therma or explore the wild island.
Relax and unwind at our Yoga Retreats. …
Renew your joyous yogic spirit by enrolling in one of our retreats based in Greece. Reclaim the precious connection to your inner self through the perfect pairing of soothing sea waters and the blissful practices of yoga.
Nourish your soul, one breath at a time, with this magical yoga adventure. Re-center and rejuvenate at our week-long Yoga retreats at the magnificent Samothraki island. There’s almost no better way to do that than with a few days at a yoga retreat.
Come rejuvenate your soul with us! Our budget-friendly retreats are a pathway into relaxation and learning Yoga in the midst of nature. Rated as the topmost choice for Yoga retreats in Greece, we seek to provide you with some of the best experiences with nature.
- A well-balanced variety of intelligent vinyasa flows, restorative sessions, meditations, pranayama, and more.
- Accommodation will be provided along with this package.
- 6 Yoga sessions a day
- Yoga philosophy and workshops.
- A renewed connection with nature.
- Morning classes, with moments to discuss and break down poses.
- You will learn in-depth the essential philosophy and history of yoga.
Location : Therma, Samothraki, Greece
Samothraki – Retreat in Sanctuary of The Great Gods, Greece.
Off the coast of Alexandroupoli lies Samothraki, an unspoiled and majestic Greek island. This island is reserved for true nature lovers, hiking aficionados and adrenaline seekers. Many of the Greek islands have beautiful mountainous valleys. Lush green vegetation, rivers, waterfalls and natural thermal pools adorn the rough and rugged mountains on Samothraki. The unique landscape offers adventure-seeking and nature enthusiasts plenty of exploring to do. Exploring the beautiful waterfalls is the epicenter of this adventure. Streams and rivers descending from the summit form waterfalls and natural pools – or “vathres” – where people can enjoy the therapeutic benefits of the mountain waters. Learning Yoga amidst the beautiful island will not just boost your happiness but rejuvenate your soul.
Things to do (optional)
In your free time, you can explore the nearby village of Therma (15 minutes walk) and its famous hot springs or walk to the countless waterfalls around Therma. The seaside and pebble beaches are just 10 minutes walk from the house. There is a rental car at Kamariotissa (the ferry boat harbor of Samothraki).
You can rent a car, motorbike or bicycle, provided you have a valid driving license. Visit Chora, the capital village of Samothraki. It is full of shops, old Castle and Tavern with classical old Greek Live Music. It’s a magnificent and picturesque place and we can also organize to have a yoga lesson there if you would like to visit it. They can organize for you a visit to the island with a tourist guide (at extra charge) Hike Fengari mountain (a mountain guide is recommended).
At your request, they can book for you one or more massage therapies (the cost is 30 EUR per hour) directly at the Hotel.
You can also take a dive at the nearest waterfall, take a relaxing thermal bath, take a swim or relax on the beach bar. Take a hike on the slope of the mountain Saos. Reach the top (feggari) at 1611m and feel like God Poseidon when he was watching the Trojan War from there. If you are a true hiker you should know that feggari is the end point of the European trail E6 that starts from Spain.
- If you are more Adventure or photography person -You can go for hiking to waterfalls of Fonias, Paradisus, Gria and also Visit the Temple of the greats Gods(its an ancient temple where even today on the full moon celebration, It’s a day with full of music and climbing and many rituals performed on this specific day in Samothraki).
Other optional activities(Surcharge)
- Scuba diving (extra charge) only for professionals who have tried the diving before.
- Thai massage (extra cost) 30 EUR per hour. You will receive the message from the organizer if you request for Thai massage and it would be organized in your stay as well.
- We can help to organize excursions around the island or to Chora.
- Close to retreat you can explore the beach
- Visit street shopping wine tasting can also be arranged on demand from guests
- Live music
- People can visit the different beach
- Visit Fonias
- Visit Paradisus
- Visit Griya Vatra
- Visit local tavern and the live music
- Daily meditation Classes with breathing technique
- Classical Hatha Vinyasa Yoga Asana Practice for 2 hours
- Free time to relax on the beach and swim in the waterfalls or explore the island
- Breathing technique to relax your mind and body-Pranic Healing
- 2 meals every day (vegetarian-friendly Greek food with fresh vegetables and organic food, depending on the package you choose)
- 6 days accommodation
Available Skill level
Health & Hygiene
- Uses cleaning chemicals that are effective against coronavirus.
- Linens, towels and laundry washed in line with local authority guidelines.
- Guest accommodation is disinfected between stays.
- The accommodation partner we work with follows the guidelines of local authorities.
- Equipment for activities is disinfected before and/or after use.
- Cashless payment available.
- Physical distancing is maintained.
- Instructors maintain a distance from the client at all times possible.
- Activities take place outside where possible.
- Staff follow all safety protocols as directed by the local government.
- Hand sanitizer available in guest rooms and key areas.
- Process in place to check the health of guests.
- First aid kit available.
- A room is available to isolate suspected or infected COVID-19 patients.
- Protective masks are available for all staff.
- Protective masks available for clients.
Samothraki is the land that the man of the ancient times chose to worship the Gods through its mystic energy that can heal body and soul. This energy is welling up from the ground covering the whole island with a veil of mystery. Paleopolis, being the mystical center of antiquity, remains the place with the highest flow of positive energy and this is why it was chosen from us to create Samothraki Village, a hotel for those seeking serenity in a unique island.
Samothraki Village Hotel is located in an exquisite location overlooking the Thracian sea. Our clients can enjoy traditional breakfast with local flavors and products directly from our garden. The hotel – pool bar and snack – bar is open for our guests and visitors all day to relax with mountain Saos at the background. The accomodation has Single, Double, Twin, Tripple, Shared appartment, Suites room. Please email us to reserve whichever room you prefer to book.
|08:00 am – 08:30 am||Mantra chanting, pranayama, Dhyana|
|08:30am – 10:00 am||Asana practice, Methodology, Techniques for postures with different breath technique to apply in asanas depending on the level the student is the breath technique will be offered to them, adjustment and alignment, and sequencing|
|10:00 am – 13:00 pm||Break. Breakfast or visit to the waterfalls, etc|
|17:00pm – 18:30 pm||Hatha Vinyasa yoga 1 hour and 30 minutes of yoga philosophy|
|18:30 pm – 19:30 pm||Meditation (free class) If people are interested and follow Meditation then Ritu will be offering to guide them meditation in Waterfalls of Griya Vatra or Paradisus|
More about the instructors here
Excursions are not part of the retreat, however Ritu can organize some for you, such as renting a car or bike, and even arrange for a local guide who can take you around the island for one day.
- Hot spring
- Mountain walking
- Environmentally friendly
- Convenience / grocery store
- Laptop rental
- Local market
- Medical assistance
Ritu’s husband, Kyriakos helps Ritu organize the retreat as well as curates the food and the entrees. You can expect delicious Greek and Indian food. Since the island does not have many vegetarian restaurants, Kyriakos serve amazing fusion organic indo-greek, making the yogic diet fun but healthy at the same time. The dishes with be a blend of traditional Greek and Sattvik Indian food, primarily consisting of vegetables, rice, salads, bread, yogurt, local feta cheese, and fresh seasonal fruits.
Note: There are two packages available to the paterons, with food and without food. The food arrangements will be made according to the package selected by the paterons.
The meals included are as follows:
- Breakfast and lunch
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
If you have special dietary requirements it’s a good idea to communicate it to the organizer when making a reservation
- 5 Daily pranayama sessions (breathing techniques to clean the Nadis / vital force)
- 5 Intensive yoga classes in nature
- 5 Meditation classes
- 6 days accommodation
- Food (depending on the package you choose)
- Transfer from and to the Samothraki port
What’s not included
- Transport within the island
- Massage therapy
- Guided trekking or Taxi for site seeing
- Bike rental or bicycle
- Food (please contact us if you want to add food/accomodation to your package)
- Scuba diving (only for people who have the license for scuba diving)
- Mountain climbing
- Thai massage – 1 hour (available at an additional charge)
- Private hot spring pool in the center of Therma Square – the pool will be open from 8.00 am to 11.00 am and 6 p.m. to 9 p.m, costs 5 EUR). Please read the instruction in the board for the minutes you should be staying inside the pool)
How to get there
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at Thessaloniki International Airport “Macedonia” (SKG) or to Athens International Airport Eleftherios Venizelos (ATH). The transfer is not included.
If you arrive at the Athens airport, please check for “Saos Ferry” online for ferry tickets to get to Samothraki island, or you can fly to Thessaloniki Macedonia International Airport, 50 kilometers from Thessaloniki. From there you will need to transfer to the domestic airport and arrive in Alexandroupoli Airport. Take a transfer to the port of Alexandroupoli to book the ferry tickets to Samothraki island. There are 3 boats from Alexandroupoli to Samothraki every day until October. But also you can book them in advance in Saos ferry online.
Arrival by bus
You can travel by bus either to Thessaloniki and take another bus to Alexandroupoli’s port to get the ferry for reaching the island. Thessaloniki to Alexandroupoli is 6 hours and Athens 12 hours in the bus.
Arrival by ferry
Note that the island doesn’t have an airport nor any roads to get there, so the best way to get Samothraki island is to arrive Alexandroupoli, which has a port and has boats every day to Samothraki island. You can book the tickets in Zante ferry online. Alexandroupoli is the closest city with the airport.
- A reservation requires a deposit of 50% of the total price.
- The deposit is fully refundable if the booking is cancelled up to 20 days before the arrival date.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.
5 Days YogaTraining Fee