Relax and unwind at our Yoga Retreats. …
Renew your joyous yogic spirit by enrolling in one of our retreats based in Greece. Reclaim the precious connection to your inner self through the perfect pairing of soothing sea waters and the blissful practices of yoga.
Nourish your soul, one breath at a time, with this magical yoga adventure. Re-center and rejuvenate at our week-long Yoga retreats at the magnificent Samothraki island. There’s almost no better way to do that than with a few days at a yoga retreat.
Come rejuvenate your soul with us! Our budget-friendly retreats are a pathway into relaxation and learning Yoga in the midst of nature. Rated as the topmost choice for Yoga retreats in Greece, we seek to provide you with some of the best experiences with nature.
- A well-balanced variety of intelligent vinyasa flows, restorative sessions, meditations, pranayama, and more.
- Accommodation will be provided along with this package.
- Two/Three Yoga sessions a day
- Yoga philosophy and workshops.
- A renewed connection with nature.
- Playful morning/afternoon classes, with moments to discuss and break down poses.
- You will learn in-depth the essential philosophy and history of yoga.
Location : Therma, Samothraki, Greece
Samothraki – Retreat in Sanctuary of The Great Gods, Greece.
Off the coast of Alexandroupoli lies Samothraki, an unspoiled and majestic Greek island. This island is reserved for true nature lovers, hiking aficionados and adrenaline seekers. Many of the Greek islands have beautiful mountainous valleys. Lush green vegetation, rivers, waterfalls and natural thermal pools adorn the rough and rugged mountains on Samothraki. The unique landscape offers adventure-seeking and nature enthusiasts plenty of exploring to do. Exploring the beautiful waterfalls is the epicenter of this adventure. Streams and rivers descending from the summit form waterfalls and natural pools – or “vathres” – where people can enjoy the therapeutic benefits of the mountain waters. Learning Yoga amidst the beautiful island will not just boost your happiness but rejuvenate your soul.
NOTE : BOOK YOUR SPOTS TWO MONTHS PRIOR AS WE HAVE LIMITED SEATS FOR AN APPROXIMATE GROUP OF 9-10 INDIVIDUALS. (WE BELIEVE IN PROVIDING UTMOST ATTENTION TO EACH INDIVIDUAL WHO ENROLLS IN OUR RETREAT FOR THEIR TRAINING)
- Daily meditation Classes with breathing technique
- Classical Hatha Vinyasa Yoga Asana Practice for 3 and a half hours
- Free time to relax on the beach and swim in the waterfalls or explore the island
- Breathing technique to relax your mind and body-Pranic Healing
- 6 meals (vegetarian-friendly Greek food with fresh vegetables and organic food, depending on the package you choose)
- 6 nights accommodation
Available Skill level
6 days with instruction in English
The organizer also speaks: Greek, Hindi, Telugu
Group size: Maximum of 10 participants
Health & Hygiene
- Uses cleaning chemicals that are effective against coronavirus.
- Linens, towels and laundry washed in line with local authority guidelines.
- Guest accommodation is disinfected between stays.
- The accommodation partner we work with follows the guidelines of local authorities.
- Equipment for activities is disinfected before and/or after use.
- Cashless payment available.
- Physical distancing is maintained.
- Instructors maintain a distance from the client at all times possible.
- Activities take place outside where possible.
- Staff follow all safety protocols as directed by the local government.
- Hand sanitizer available in guest rooms and key areas.
- Process in place to check the health of guests.
- First aid kit available.
- A room is available to isolate suspected or infected COVID-19 patients.
- Protective masks are available for all staff.
- Protective masks available for clients.
Accommodation is in the center of Therma Square in Samothrace. It has more than 20 rooms with a double bed, single bed and twin room and garden space help desk. Restaurants are pretty close by 50 meters away as well as the coffee shop and supermarket. The beach is 20 minutes walk and waterfalls to Paradisus and Gria is 15 minutes walk. Greek, German, and English are spoken at the property.
Note: With some extra cost, you can also use a common kitchen that is in the property so you can cook for yourself.
08:00 am – 08:30 am
Mantra chanting, pranayama, Dhyana
08:30am – 10:00 am
Asana practice, Methodology, Techniques for postures with different breath technique to apply in asanas depending on the level the student is the breath technique will be offered to them, adjustment and alignment, and sequencing
10:00 am – 13:00 pm
Break. Breakfast or visit to the waterfalls, etc
17:00pm – 18:30 pm
Hatha Vinyasa yoga 1 hour and 30 minutes of yoga philosophy
18:30 pm – 19:30 pm
Meditation (free class) If people are interested and follow Meditation then Ritu will be offering to guide them meditation in Waterfalls of Griya Vatra or Paradisus
More about the instructor
Shabaritha Rai: She is originally from India and a certified E-RYT 200 RYT 500 as Hatha Yoga instructor. She did her diploma of Yoga in Dharamshala, Rishikesh, India. She is basically from south India. She is teaching Iyengar form of Hatha Yoga as she pursued her diploma in Hatha, as well as Iyengar style of yoga in India.
During the course of days in retreat, Ritu will make a session of classes with Hatha vinyasa, Alignment classes Hatha Yoga in form of Iyengar, pranayama-breathing exercise, meditation, yogic breathing, and introduction to all chakras, plus the techniques of breathing in meditation.
Any questions regarding yoga you can always ask the instructor after the session and Ritu will try to answer and help you fully. The retreat includes evening yoga practice, pranayama – Breathing exercises, meditation.
Ritu Rai is originally from India and she devoted herself to yoga when she was 10 years old. Ritu’s classes focus on making you work on your body alignment and adjustment by practicing various yoga asanas and motivating you to integrate the practice of Hatha yoga into your daily routine. During her classes, expect to work hard and to leave refreshed, energized, and with a calm state of mind.
Excursions are not part of the retreat, however Ritu can organize some for you, such as renting a car or bike, and even arrange for a local guide who can take you around the island for one day.
- Hot spring
- Mountain walking
- Environmentally friendly
- Convenience / grocery store
- Laptop rental
- Local market
- Medical assistance
Ritu’s husband, Kyriakos helps Ritu organize the retreat as well as curates the food and the entrees. You can expect delicious Greek and Indian food. Since the island does not have many vegetarian restaurants, Kyriakos serve amazing fusion organic indo-greek, making the yogic diet fun but healthy at the same time. The dishes with be a blend of traditional Greek and Sattvik Indian food, primarily consisting of vegetables, rice, salads, bread, yogurt, local feta cheese, and fresh seasonal fruits.
Note: There are two packages available to the paterons, with food and without food. The food arrangements will be made according to the package selected by the paterons.
The meals included are as follows:
The following drinks are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
If you have special dietary requirements it’s a good idea to communicate it to the
organizer when making a reservation
Things You can do at the island:
In your free time, you can explore the nearby village of Therma (15 minutes walk) and its famous hot springs or walk to the countless waterfalls around Therma. The seaside and pebble beaches are just 10 minutes walk from the house. There is a rental car at Kamariotissa (the ferry boat harbor of Samothraki). You can rent a car, motorbike or bicycle, provided you have a valid driving license.
Visit Chora, the capital village of Samothraki. It is full of shops, old Castle and Tavern with classical old Greek Live Music. It’s a magnificent and picturesque place and we can also organize to have a yoga lesson there if you would like to visit it. They can organize for you a visit to the island with a tourist guide (at extra charge) Hike Fegari mountain (which means moon) (a mountain guide is recommended). Massage Request to the place you stay. At your request, we can book for you one or more massage therapies (the cost is 30 EUR per hour).
You can also take a dive at the nearest waterfall, take a relaxing thermal bath, take a swim or relax on the beach bar. Take a hike on the slope of the mountain Saos. Reach the top (feggari) at 1611m and feel like God Poseidon when he was watching the Trojan War from there. If you are a true hiker you should know that feggari is the end point of the European trail E6 that starts from Spain.
If you are more Adventure or photography person -You can go for hiking to waterfalls of Fonias, Paradisus, Gria and also Visit the Temple of the greats Gods(its an ancient temple where even today on the full moon celebration, It’s a day full of music and climbing and many rituals performed on this specific day in Samothraki).
Other optional activities:
- Scuba diving only for professionals who have prior diving experience, chargeable separately
- Thai massage at an extra cost of 30 EUR per hour.
- We can help organize excursions around the island or arrange a trip to Chora.
- Close to retreat you can explore the beach
- Street shopping, wine tasting can also be arranged for on request
- Live music
- People can visit the different beaches in the area
- Visit Fonias
- Visit Paradisus
- Visit Griya Vatra
- Visit local tavern and the live music
There are no spa treatment in Samothraki. Samothraki is an ancient hidden place in Greece which is famous for waterfalls and hot springs which is also good for skin and body.
- 6 nights accommodation
- 3 meals daily
- Ashtanga, Hatha and Iyengar Yoga classes every day morning and evening classes
- Daily pranayama sessions (breathing techniques to clean the Nadis / vital force)
- Bandhas – Moola Bandha, Uddyana bandha, Jalandhar
- Philosophy of yoga and chakras, Ida Pingala sushumna
What’s not included
- Transport (surcharge, the organizer will provide a taxi contact number in the email)
- Massage therapy
- Guided trekking or taxi for sightseeing
- Bike rental or bicycle
- Scuba diving (only for people who have the license for scuba diving)
- Mountain climbing
- Thai massage – 1 hour (available at an additional charge)
- Private hot spring pool in the center of Therma Square (the pool will be open only from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m, costs 4 EUR).
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at Thessaloniki International Airport “Macedonia” (SKG) or to Athens International Airport Eleftherios Venizelos (ATH). The transfer can be arranged with an additional cost.
If you arrive at the Athens airport, please check for “Saos Ferry” online for ferry tickets to get to Samothraki island, or you can fly to Thessaloniki Macedonia International Airport, 50 kilometers from Thessaloniki. From there you will need to transfer to the domestic airport and arrive in Alexandroupoli Airport. Take a transfer to the port of Alexandroupoli to book the ferry tickets to Samothraki island. There are 3 boats from Alexandroupoli to Samothraki every day until October. But also you can book them in advance in Saos ferry online.
Arrival by bus
You can travel by bus either to Thessaloniki and take another bus to Alexandroupoli’s port to get the ferry for reaching the island. Thessaloniki to Alexandroupoli is 6 hours and Athens 12 hours on the bus.
Arrival by ferry
Note that the island doesn’t have an airport nor any roads to get there, so the best way to get Samothraki island is to arrive at Alexandroupoli, which has a port and has boats every day to Samothraki island. You can book the tickets in Saos ferry online.
Alexandroupoli is the closest city with the airport.
- A reservation requires a deposit of 38% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.
7 Days Retreats In GreeceSamothraki
Teacher Training CourseSamothraki
Teacher Training CourseSamothraki
- with Accomodation & Food