100 Hour TTC (Teacher Training Course)
The course is designed to allow students to explore the form of Yoga that suits their lifestyle best. Divided into two modules, the course will provide a good balance between training the mind and the body. Created for the busy individual, the programme is designed so you can work at your own pace.
Who Should Apply?
This course is perfect for those who want to deepen their practice and understanding of Yoga but don’t feel ready to commit to a full teacher training course.
Mode of Delivery
- Yoga classes will be conducted via ZOOM.
- There will be Live sessions to clarify any doubts.
Yogic concepts such as “What is Yoga”, the difference between Hatha Yoga and Vinyasa, what is Asana, etc., will be assumed to be known by the students enrolling in this Yoga TTC. Hence, applicants to this Yoga course must hold a 100Hr Hatha/ Vinyasa Yoga TTC issued by Yogagyani School.
In order to successfully complete the 100 Hr Yoga Teachers Training, you will be required to attend all classes. If you cannot meet the attendance requirements of the course, you will be given a certificate of participation, but not “completion”.
Please note – that you will only be able to use this course as part of the 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training if you already hold a 100Hr Yoga Teacher.
Training certification issued by a Yogagyani school as Level 1 completed and by completing 100 hours more you will receive 200 Hr Intermediate Level Yoga Teacher Training Certification Alliance Registered School.
Advantages of the Course
- You will learn how to teach anatomically informed sequences appropriate for absolute beginners, that helps in strength building.
- You will receive a participation certificate from Yoga Gyani which is associated and registered with Yoga Alliance.
- This 100Hr Yoga Therapy Teacher Training specialization course is a recognized Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Program.
- During the course, you will deepen your knowledge in aspects of Yoga that are directly related to the wellbeing of the body, mind and soul.
- This Yoga course will provide you with practical tools to improve the life of your students as well as your own.
- Subjects such as Yoga Psychology, use of Pranayama; Mudras for Health Recovery, Principles of Pre-Natal Yoga, Yoga & Health Care Class Planning & its different techniques, in depth Study and Practice of Cleansing Processes (Shatkriya), Physiology of Health Conditions (Yoga for back problems, Yoga for diabetes, Yoga for Hypertension, Yoga for Arthritis, etc.), and many more Yogic health related subjects will provide a profound understanding of how Yoga can help to recover or maintain a healthy body, mind and spirit.
- This Yoga for Health Care Teacher Training is recognized by Yoga Alliance which means that after its successful completion, the course will allow the student to teach Yoga internationally and apply its many different techniques to Yoga practitioners that are looking to regain their health as well as those that want to obtain a deeper understanding of the yogic knowledge to maintain their good health and improve their personal practice. Prior experience in Health Care or Yoga is not compulsory, but we recommend a substantial asana practice before enrolling in this course.
- Hatha yoga
- Ashtanga Primary series
- Iyengar way of Yoga
- Restorative Yoga
- Yoga movements for cancer
- Yogic Philosophy.
- Role of Ashtanga yoga & Hatha Yoga in healing
- Definition of Yoga from the point of view of ‘Therapy’.
- The psychology of Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita
- The four paths of Yoga (Jnana, Raja, Bhakti, Karma Yoga) as a means to attain health.
- Ashtanga Yoga and description if its eight components.
- Patanjali Yoga Sutras and the modification of the mind.
- Lifestyle and ethics of a yoga practitioner and teacher.
ASANA EXPLORED IN THE COURSE:
- Hatha Style Surya Namaskar, Ashtanga Vinyasa
- Suryanamaskar "A" and "B".
- Chair Yoga Surya Namaskar.
- Different styles of Chandra Namaskar (Moon Salutations)
- Hatha & Vinyasa Yoga.
- Gentle Evening Flow
- Restorative Yoga.
- Use of Yoga props (Blocks, Straps, Bolsters, etc.)
- Modified practices to suit all needs.
- A full health assessment of the Asanas and Pranayama.
- Alignment and Adjustments of Yoga Postures.
- Regular guided meditation classes.
- Study and practice of several meditation techniques and their application in therapeutic Yoga.
- Visualization techniques to improve meditation.
- How to use meditation to understand our own nature and that of others.
- Point to point full-body relaxation technique.
- Yoga Nidra (Yogic Sleep) and its role in Yoga Therapy.
- Guided Shavasana.
- Minor and major chakra relaxation.
- Deep causal body relaxation.
PRANAYAMA (Science of Breath)
- Different types of breathing techniques: Kapalbhati, Nadi Shodhan, Bramhari, Ujjayi, Bhastrika, etc.
- Study of the benefits of the different pranayamas and their application in therapeutical Yoga.
- Importance of yogic breathing.
- Role of Kumbhaka and Bandhas for recovery of health.
- Meaning, types and practice of Mudras and Bandhas.
- Yogic Detoxification practice.
- Study of all cleansing techniques and their applications in Yoga Therapy.
- Regular practice of Jala Neti and Sutra Neti.
– Trataka (Eye Cleanse), Shankaprakshalana (Master Cleanse) and Vaman Dhouti (Stomach Cleanse) practice.
– Importance of practising Shatkriya for the purification of the Nadis and achieving the balance between body, mind and soul.
- What is OM?
- What is Mantra mean?
- Mantra Chanting and learning to read Devnagiri Script.
- Types of starting and closing Mantras for Astanga Vinyasa.
- How to create positive vibration or energy with mantra yoga.
- Study of the effect of Mantra Chanting in Yoga Therapy.
- Meditation and pranayama sessions
- Daily Pranayama, Asana, anatomy, philosophy classes
- Copies and training books or soft copy (students preference)
- Use of yoga mats, bolsters, and all training items
- Free sauna every weekend
NOTE – The price listed below is without accomodation. In case you choose offline training Please email us to send you the address or refer a place close to studio to stay. Now this course is available online due to the cause of lock down Yoga alliance has offered us to teach virtually through online platform.
1. Techniques, Training; Practice – How to do (practice) Yoga
8.00 am to 10.00 am
2. Ashtanga Primary series practice
10.00 am to 12.00 pm.
3. Anatomy and Physiology – The physical and energetic body
13.00 am to 14.00 am
● Anatomy in zoom from Indian teacher, Raj from India. (Online)
Yoga Philosophy and Lifestyle – Ethics-History, philosophy, ethics and lifestyle practices of Yoga
15.00 to 16.00 pm
Philosophy through zoom from Indian teacher Benu from India (online)
STRUCTURE OF THE PROGRAM
- Mantra chanting- Yogena chittasya (Patanjali mantra)- 5 minutes
- Pranayama – 15 minutes
- Nadi shodhana – cleansing of the nervous system
- Anuloma viloma – alternate nostril breathing
- Ujjayi – oceanic breathing
Standing posture to learn the foundation of standing asanas and about the position of the foot as well as learning the engagement.
- Tada asana
- Utthita trikona asana
- Utthita parsvakona asana
- Virabadra asana 1
- Virabadra asana 2
- Parsvoottana asana
- Prasaritha padouttana asana
- Padaangusta asana
- Pada hasta asana
- Uttana asana
You learn in seated pose to open your groins, as well as sacrum to bring more ease and flexibility and stillness.
- Ardha Salabha asana
- Ardha Dhanur asana
- Chaturanga danda
- Urdva mukha svanasana
- Adhomukha svanasana
- Danda asana
- Paripurna naav asana
- Ardha navasana
- Siddha asana
- Vira asana
- Supta virasana
- Baddha kona asana
- Padma asana
- Parvat asana
- Matsya asana
- Baddha padma asana
- What is Yoga?
- Four different paths of Yoga?
- Definition of chakra and 8 chakras?
- What is nadi?
- What is ida, pingala, and sushumna nadi?
- Patanjali Yoga Sutra explanation
- Yogachittavritti nirodah
- Tada drashtuh svaroope avasthanam
- Vritti svaroopyam itarara
- Vrittayah pangchattaayah klishta aklishtah
- Types of joints
- Skeletal system
- Yoga anatomy
- Muscular system
- Classification of Yoga
- Stages in yoga asana
- Aims and objectives of Asana
- General guidelines
- Vinyasa practice – Flow of Asana of the above from standing and sitting posture
- How to teach and correct the students
- How to emphasize
- How to design a 1-hour class
- Posture correction, alignment, and adjustment
- How to use blocks, straps, and bolsters to modify the Asana
The business aspect of Yoga (marketing class)
Guidelines on registering with the International Yoga Alliance website after completion of 200 hours and how to use their platform. How to find websites to market oneself as yoga teachers and how to use the software.
Students can use this hour for self-practice and study or there will also be a workshop with videos on anatomy or Vinyasa asanas.
Week 2 (7 days)
- Mantra chanting – Patananjali mantra and Shanti mantra's (5 minutes)
- Pranayama – surya bedi, bastrilka, kapala bati, and brahmari
- Yogic breathing technique – 3 levels
Asana practice (seated poses)
- Yoga mudra
- Maha mudra asana
- Janu sirsasana
- Ardha badha padma paschimauttana asana
- Trianga mukha pada paschimauttana asana
- Upavishta kona asana
- Paschima uttana asana
- Purvoutaana asana
- Salamba sirsasana
- Urdva danda asana
- Salamba sarvanga asana
- Hala asana
- Karna pinda asana
- Supta kona asana
- Parsva hala asana
- Eka pada sarvanga asana
- Parsvaika pada sarvanga asana
- Setu bandha sarvanga asana
- Urdva padma asana in sarvaanga asana
- Pinda asana in sarvanga asana
- Parsva pinda asana in sarvanga asana
- Jatara parivartah asana
- Supta pada angusta asana sequence twists
- Marichyasana 2
- Ardha matsyendra asana
- Urdhva dhanur asana
- Relaxing pose
- What are koshas?
- 3 types of meditation?
- Ashta Anga Sutra of Patanjali
- Patanjali Yoga Sutra continuation
- Kundalini explanation
- Vinyasa practice on the above-given Asana in the evenings
- Self-practice time
Week 3: Practice of all the Asana and Pranayama
- Mantra chanting – 5 minutes
- Pranayama – all two weeks of pranayama practice (assessment on Pranayama)
- Surya namaskara A and B in Hatha tradition
- Surya namaskar A and B in Ashtanga tradition (primary series of Ashtanga)
- Vinyasa with different asanas
- Practical exam on teaching a class
Assessments and practical exam on philosophy and discussions on the philosophy of yoga sutra
- Vinyasa sequence on standing pose
- Vinyasa sequence on sirsasana
- Sequence on sarvangasana
- Sequence on marichyasana
- Assignment on anatomy will be conducted in one of the 3 weeks.
- Due to Covid-19, we will continue to provide class through online too.
- 1 – 21 December 2021
- 1 – 21 December 2021