The course is designed to allow students to explore the form of Yoga that suits their lifestyle best. Divided into two modules, the course will provide a good balance between training the mind and the body. Created for the busy individual, the program is designed so you can work at your own pace.
Who Should Apply?
This course is perfect for those who want to deepen their practice and understanding of Yoga.
Mode of Delivery
- Yoga classes will be conducted online & offline
- Physically in studio space if you get a permit to travel.
Please note –.
Once you complete the training period we will issue 200 Hr Intermediate Level Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Certification Registered with Yoga Alliance School.
Advantages of the Course
- You will learn how to teach anatomically informed sequences appropriate for absolute beginners, that help in strength building.
- You will receive a participation certificate from Yoga Gyani which is associated and registered with Yoga Alliance.
- This 100-hour Yoga Therapy Teacher Training specialization course is a recognized Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Program.
- During the course, you will deepen your knowledge of aspects of Yoga that are directly related to the well-being of the body, mind and soul.
- This Yoga course will provide you with practical tools to improve the lives of your students as well as your own.
- Subjects such as Yoga Psychology, use of Pranayama; Mudras for Health Recovery, Principles of Pre-Natal Yoga, Yoga & Health Care Class Planning & its different techniques, in-depth Study and Practice of Cleansing Processes (Shatkriya), Physiology of Health Conditions (Yoga for back problems, Yoga for diabetes, Yoga for Hypertension, Yoga for Arthritis, etc.), and many more Yogic health related subjects will provide a profound understanding of how Yoga can help to recover or maintain a healthy body, mind and spirit.
- This Yoga for Health Care Teacher Training is recognized by Yoga Alliance which means that after its successful completion, the course will allow the student to teach Yoga internationally and apply its many different techniques to Yoga practitioners who are looking to regain their health as well as those that want to obtain a deeper understanding of the yogic knowledge to maintain their good health and improve their practice. Prior experience in Health Care or Yoga is not compulsory, but we recommend a substantial asana practice before enrolling in this course.
- Hatha yoga
- Iyengar Yoga
- Restorative Yoga
- Yoga movements for cancer
- Yogic Philosophy.
- What is yoga?
- What are the four paths of yoga?
- What are Nadis & explanations of different types of nadis?
- What are 3 meditation techniques?
- What is kosha & 5 types of kosha?
- What are the 5 elements in yoga?
- What does mudra mean?
- What are Ashtanga yoga steps?
- Name the chakras in the Human psychic body?
- Patanjali yoga sutra few mantras explained?
ASANA EXPLORED IN THE COURSE:
- Hatha Style Surya Namaskar, Ashtanga Vinyasa
- Suryanamaskar & Chandra Namaskar (Moon Salutations)
- Hatha Vinyasa Yoga.
- Gentle Evening Flow
- Restorative Yoga.
- Use of Yoga props (Blocks, Straps, Bolsters, etc.)
- Modified practices to suit all needs.
- A full health assessment of the Asanas and Pranayama.
- Alignment and Adjustments of Yoga Postures.
- Regular guided meditation classes.
- Study and practice of several meditation techniques and their application in therapeutic Yoga.
- Visualization techniques to improve meditation.
- How to use meditation to understand our own nature and that of others.
- Point-to-point full-body relaxation technique.
- Yoga Nidra (Yogic Sleep) and its role in Yoga Therapy.
- Guided Shavasana.
- Minor and major chakra relaxation.
- Deep causal body relaxation.
PRANAYAMA (Science of Breath)
- Different types of breathing techniques: Kapalbhati, Nadi Shodhan, Bramhari, Ujjayi, Bhastrika, etc.
- Study of the benefits of the different pranayamas and their application in therapeutical Yoga.
- Importance of yogic breathing.
- Role of Kumbhaka and Bandhas for recovery of health.
- Meaning, types, and practice of Mudras and Bandhas.
- Yogic breathwork to cleanse(kriya) the body.
- Study of all cleansing techniques and their applications in Yoga.MANTRA YOGA
- What is OM?
- What does Mantra mean?
- Mantra Chanting and learning to read Devnagiri Script.
- Types of starting and closing Mantras for Astanga Vinyasa.
- How to create positive vibration or energy with mantra yoga.
- Study of the effect of Mantra Chanting in Yoga Therapy.
- Meditation and pranayama sessions
- Daily Pranayama, Asana, anatomy, and philosophy classes
- Copies and training books or soft copies (students’ preference)
- Use of yoga mats, bolsters, and all training items
- Free sauna every weekend
|1. Techniques, Training; Practice – How to do (practice) Yoga|
|7.00 am to 9.00 am||
|2. Vinyasa yoga|
|11.00 am to 13.00 pm.||
|3. Anatomy and Physiology – The physical and energetic body|
|13.00 am to 14.00 am||● Anatomy in Zoom with teacher Raj from India. (Online)|
|Yoga Philosophy and Lifestyle – Ethics-History, philosophy, ethics, and lifestyle practices of Yoga|
|15.00 to 16.00 pm||Philosophy through Zoom with teacher Benu from India (online)|
- How to teach and correct the students
- How to emphasize
- How to design a 1-hour class
- Posture correction, alignment, and adjustment
- How to use blocks, straps, and bolsters to modify the Asana
The business aspect of Yoga (marketing class)
Guidelines on registering with the International Yoga Alliance website after completion of 200 hours and how to use their platform. How to find websites to market oneself as yoga teachers and how to use the software.
Students can use this hour for self-practice and study or there will also be a workshop with videos on anatomy or Vinyasa asanas.
- Surya namaskara A and B in Hatha tradition
- Surya namaskar A and B in Ashtanga tradition (primary series of Ashtanga)
- Vinyasa with different asanas
- Practical exam on teaching a class
Assessments and practical exam on philosophy and discussions on the philosophy of yoga sutra
- Vinyasa sequence on standing pose
- Vinyasa sequence on sirsasana
- Sequence on sarvangasana
- Sequence on marichyasana
- Assignment on anatomy will be conducted in one of the 3 weeks.
- We will continue to provide classes online too if you wish and still get certified through yoga alliance.